Accidents can happen to anyone, even to someone cautious. If another person’s negligence victimizes you, you might want to take legal action. You can take your case independently, but your chances of winning your case are meager. This is where our Orem personal injury lawyer steps in.
Our Orem personal injury attorneys at Parker & McConkie can help you with your case. Our Orem personal injury lawyers have extensive experience defending victims and upholding their rights.
Parker & McConkie is an established personal injury law firm in Orem. We recovered millions in compensation for our injured clients, and we can help you maximize your compensation too!
Table of Contents
Our Orem injury attorneys are experienced and well-versed in personal injury laws. When you choose to work with us, we will work with you to ensure that we do all possibilities to serve your best interests. Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
• We can maximize your compensation. Our strong track record shows how we efficiently helped our clients maximize their personal injury claims. We will not stop negotiating until the settlement meets your best interest.
• We are a team of established lawyers. Most of our lawyers at Parker & McConkie have been granted several awards by multiple award-giving bodies. Our lawyers were able to show expertise and proficiency in their field.
• We have 40+ years of experience. The law offices of Parker & McConkie have been established for a long time now. For more than 40 years, the legal team of Parker & McConkie has provided the most excellent legal services to Utah residents.
• We work on a contingency fee basis. At our law firm, we believe that anyone should have access to practical legal assistance. Because of this, our lawyers work on a contingency basis. We will ensure your win before you pay us.
Parker & McConkie is a recognized law office composed of award-winning lawyers. Our network of attorneys has extensive experience in the state’s litigation process. Some of the most notable achievements our attorneys have achieved are provided below:
Our Orem personal injury lawyer is also recognized by other bodies such as The National Trial Lawyer Top 100. If you want to ensure top-notch legal assistance, contact Parker & McConkie now!
Employing the help of a proficient personal injury lawyer is beneficial for you in more ways than you can imagine. Our legal team at Parker & McConkie provides comprehensive legal assistance. We can help you with the following:
• Case investigation. We will conduct our analysis of your case. Our team will thoroughly gather all necessary evidence and assess the facts of your case.
• Effective case-building. After conducting an investigation and recovering shreds of evidence, we will start building your case. We can assure you that we will establish a solid case based on what we recovered from the accident.
• Insurance company negotiation. With Parker & McConkie, we can help you maximize the amount of compensation you will receive. Our attorneys have vast experience negotiating settlements with insurance companies.
• Case representation. If settlement negotiation is not successful, we are ready to represent your case before the court. Our legal team will do our best to ensure that you achieve the justice and compensation you deserve.
The term ‘personal injury case’ refers to many civil cases. These cases have the element of someone else’s negligence that inflicts injuries upon the victim. In most cases, personal injury cases are civil charges. Still, they can also be related to criminal cases, depending on their nature.
Personal injury cases can be car accidents, bus accidents, or other forms of automobile accidents. Workplace accidents and dog bite cases are also within a personal injury case scope. Keep in mind that the elements necessary for personal injury cases are the defendant’s negligence, the victim’s injuries, and how they relate to each other.
Our Orem personal injury lawyer at Parker & McConkie is proficient in the different fields of personal accident law. Here are some of the cases our law office handles:
• Auto Accident. Motor vehicle accidents are most commonly encountered by the majority population. If you have been injured in a vehicle accident caused by a negligent motorist, contact one of our attorneys right away for legal help.
• Medical Malpractice. Surgical accidents and misdiagnosis are leading causes of medical malpractice cases. When you notice an injury following a medical procedure, you must contact your physician and a medical malpractice lawyer right away.
• Motorcycle Accidents. Motorcycle-related accidents are more common than most people think. The leading cause of motorcycle-related deaths is not wearing safety equipment and failure to yield the right of way.
• Wrongful Death. It’s not uncommon for victims to get hurt following an accident. However, some victims lose their lives after the accident in catastrophic cases. The family or a representative of the victim can step forward and file a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent party. Our wrongful death lawyer can help you in this matter.
• Pedestrian Accidents. Pedestrians have the same rights on the road as vehicle drivers. However, there are instances when a driver fails to provide the right of way to a pedestrian. This occurrence is when accidents unfold. If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, seek help from our pedestrian accident lawyer immediately.
• Dog Attacks. Pets are considered personal properties. Suppose your neighbor’s dogs are left untethered, and their pet attacked you. In that case, you can hold the owner responsible for your damages.
• And many more…
Some accidents result in more severe injuries than others, depending on the nature of the event. Motor vehicle accidents and industrial accidents resulted in some of the most severe injuries in injury cases. Following an accident, some of the most prevalent injuries are listed below:
Following an accident, it’s vital to call for the emergency medical team. Even if you didn’t sustain significant injuries, you must still have yourself checked. Some of the injuries surface days after the accident.
If you are wounded in an accident, the defendant is required by law to offer monetary compensation in proportion to your damages. Victims are entitled to receive several forms of payment. In general, these compensations are economic, non-economic, and punitive damages.
The compensation you might obtain for objective damages is economic damages. This includes compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and future and present medical expenses.
On the other hand, non-economic damages are subjective damages. Emotional distress, disfigurement, and pain and suffering are personal damages included in this category. Compensation for loss of consortium is also covered under non-economic damages.
Punitive damage is more of a punishment than a kind of settlement. The court grants this punishment to defendants who caused an accident due to severe carelessness.
Hiring an Orem injury attorney can help you ensure fair compensation. Moreover, these legal professionals are experienced in negotiation. They can maximize your settlement to meet your needs. If you sustain catastrophic injuries from an accident, contact our law firm as soon as possible.
Dealing with the defendant’s insurance company can pose a challenge for most victims. The defendant’s insurance carrier will often offer a low settlement compared to the damages a victim sustained from the accident. Most victims fall for this trap.
Some victims assume that it’s better to receive any amount of compensation than nothing at all. However, this is unfair, and there are several actions you can take to maximize your settlement offer. Employing a lawyer is one of the most successful methods.
Big insurance companies do not easily sway experienced injury lawyers. These tenured legal professionals will stand up for you and demand the maximum amount of compensation you rightfully deserve. Hiring an Orem personal injury lawyer can help you gain an advantage over these situations.
However, claiming maximum compensation from an uninsured motorist can be complicated. The legal procedure for this event is slightly different from what most clients go through. Regardless, a proficient Orem injury attorney can present you with various legal options for your case.
Excellence and satisfaction. These are the qualities we can assure you of after working with us.
We worked with countless injury accident victims in the past.
We always ensure that they are always satisfied with our service.
Here’s what some of our most recent clients have to say about our services:
We worked with Mark on his automobile accident. Some of the positive points he enjoyed from our services are our professionalism and responsiveness. We always ensure that we address our client’s inquiries and keep them updated with the status of their case.- Mark Nance
We worked with Rosemary in several instances. Her positive points are professionalism, quality of service, responsiveness, and value. We always ensure that we explain our client’s circumstances thoroughly and assure them that they can discuss anything with us. – Rosemary Rogers
We worked with Austin on his slip and fall accident. He pointed out our professionalism, service quality, responsiveness, and value as our top qualities. We always ensure that we thoroughly understand the facts surrounding our client’s cases and provide them with a personalized legal strategy. – Austin Myslinski
We also worked with Shalie on her car accident case. She named our professionalism, quality of service, responsiveness, and value as our best qualities. We constantly guarantee our clients that we are on top of everything and deliver on our promises. – Shalie Hancock
We also helped Camie with her injury case. She said that our professionalism is among our best qualities. We were able to assist her in maximizing her settlement to help her get back on her feet. – Camie Carrol
It’s hard to provide a specific amount of money you can receive after an accident. As the injured party in an accident, you are entitled to receive an amount relative to the total costs of your damages. The court will have to assess several facets of your case before establishing an amount.
According to 2006 Utah Code – 78-12-25, victims of personal injury can file a lawsuit within four years of the accident. This means that a victim has at least four years to arrange a case and sue their defendant for the damages they incurred.
Generally, the defendant’s party will offer a settlement to avoid going to court. However, if both parties refuse to agree on a payment, proceeding to the court is necessary. At this point, a trial attorney will oversee the process. They will announce if the defendant must compensate the victim and how much they should provide.
At Parker & McConkie, we understand the challenges you might be facing. Because of this, we provide a free consultation, and we work on a contingency fee basis. We will not charge you any amount unless we win your case.
When you hire a lawyer, they will evaluate your case and identify what type of case you have. In general, an accident case can be identified as a personal injury case if the elements of such a case are present. Negligence and injuries sustained are the usual identifying factor of a personal injury case.
As established above, employing the assistance of an attorney can provide you with leverage over your case. They can help you maximize your compensation and win your case.
Every day, accidents occur. When a careless individual injures you, you must preserve your rights. Call Parker & McConkie right away if you require a practical legal assistant. You may reach us at (385) 220-0383. You can also complete our contact form on our website to schedule your free consultation.
Call 801-845-0440 to get in touch with a member of our firm after your accident. We can review your case for free!